PROGRAMMES AND WORKSHOP
Blue Ocean Strategy on InnovationCONTACT
The primary objective is to apply innovative methodologies to develop strategic options that break out from the competition and create new demand.
The present engagement has been designed to purse the following objectives:
- Develop a collective understanding of the existing business and discuss strategic challenges and opportunities;
- Identify clients’ needs and innovative growth opportunities that create new demand;
- Develop innovative strategic options that create the opportunity for high-profitable growth;
- Internalize the approaches and techniques to provide a platform for further team-based applications.
It has been designed as a 2-day workshop. It is suitable for senior management and other relevant stakeholders. Participants will be divided in breakout groups and will work in parallel in applying selected strategic innovation frameworks and analytical tools to selected business divisions,or products.
The proposed approach for this workshop involves:
- Brief theoretical sessions with lectures and discussion of case studies to introduce methodological principles, frameworks and analytical tools;
- Active strategic sessions in break out groups to engage participants to apply the proposed frameworks and develop new strategic options;
- Plenary presentations where participants will be invited to share and discuss their findings under the guidance of an expert strategy practitioner who will provide strategic guidance.
The selected strategic innovation methodologies’ principles, frameworks and tools will be applied to the selected business areas to be defined and participants will be invited to develop at least two new strategic options for each area. In particular, the new strategic options will differentiate the strategic profile the organization from its competitors’ and create the opportunity to capture noncustomers and unlock new demand.
The approach proposed for this workshop is inspired by Blue Ocean Strategy. In particular, it is based on drawing the big picture through what we call the Strategy Canvas.
The Strategy Canvas is both a diagnostic and an action framework for building a compelling Blue Ocean Strategy in a graphical, simple to read yet complete and effective way.
Drawing a strategy canvas does three things. First, it shows the strategic profile of an industry by depicting very clearly the factors (and the possible future factors) delivered to customers. Second, it shows the strategic profile of current and potential players, identifying which factors they invest in strategically. Finally, it shows the company's strategic profile or value curve—depicting how it invests in the factors creating value for customers and how it might invest in them in the future.
Mr. Luciano Pezzotta
Luciano Pezzotta is an experienced management consultant with a strong background in business strategy and a particular focus on innovation management. Currently Luciano is the Managing Partner of a consulting firm with offices in Europe and Asia recently named as one of the 15 global leading firms in innovation strategy and management by Kennedy Research, the most authoritative analyst of the consulting industry.
In addition, Luciano is Adjunct Faculty for Strategy and Innovation at ICLIF, an international, Asia-based centre of excellence focused on leadership development and at SIM Professional Development, the executive education arm of the Singapore Institute of Management.
Luciano is a certified Blue Ocean Strategy practitioner from the Blue Ocean Strategy - Initiative Centre of Professors Kim and Mauborgne, co-creators of Blue Ocean Strategy, since 2006 and an active member of the global Blue Ocean Strategy Network.
He has over fifteen years of strategy consulting experience across Europe and the Asia Pacific. During those years he has facilitated workshops, as well as designed and led tens of consulting engagements to help companies and public organizations develop and execute innovative corporate and business strategies.
Group coaching, makes dysfunctional teams high performing and pulling in the same direction.